I'm a recovering Christian Fundamentalist from the "Bob Jones University" (BJU) school of thought. But as I've drifted away from my BJU-orbital church, I've started examining my beliefs to figure out just what it is that I believe about Jesus Christ, his Church, his Word, and how these things affect me, my family, and my personal walk with Him.
I know I'm saved. That has never been in doubt. For many years, however, I feel like I've been told what I should believe, and I've absorbed a lot of teaching (doctrine), that I'm not sure I understand or believe in any more. I've been doing a lot of reading and participating in discussions, all to learn what other people think the Bible says. It's also clear that I should be reading my Bible more to discover its truths for myself, and I'm going to try and do that.
This blog will at least be a jumping off point for some of the other Christian blogs I visit that are on Blogger. As I try and figure out what I believe, I might discuss some of those findings here. Who knows? Someone else might be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment